Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
This role is offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a highly motivated and knowledgeable Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician, who has a thorough understanding of safe work practices, for our Mt. Olive, IL facility. This highly skilled position creates value for our facility by safely installing, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment, thus ensuring our manufacturing operations run efficiently. Maintenance Technicians will be expected to possess and refine multiple skills in both Mechanical and Electrical crafts.
This position starts at $29.42 per hour and higher, depending on your experience. The open position is on night shift (6PM - 6AM) on a rotating 2-2-3 schedule. We offer full medical and dental benefits, life insurance, a 401K matching program, paid holidays, paid vacation days and paid floating holidays each year.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and maintaining equipment, in accordance with plant codes, policies, procedures, diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications
- Using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments to work on motors, pneumatic/hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production lines and manufacturing equipment
- Responding to all maintenance issues, both mechanical and electrical, throughout the plant
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two (2) years or more of industrial, electrical, and mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment OR an Associate Degree in an industrial maintenance related field and at least one (1) year of industrial, electrical and mechanical experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience with conveyors, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, and fabrication
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and working with PLC’s, HMI’s, A/C & D/C motors, drives, encoders, resolvers, control systems, bearings, gearboxes, and drive systems
- Experience reading electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
- Experience diagnosing mechanical and electronic systems using scanning and diagnostic tools, multimeters, and computers
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) or more years of electrical or mechanical repair and troubleshooting experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment
- A certificate of electrical or mechanical training from an accredited institution
- One (1) or more years of experience with single and three phase electrical repair/troubleshooting up to 480 volts
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.