Marketing Communications Manager
The Manager of Marketing Communications acts as a Content Brand Manager and is one of the top stewards of the corporate brand, within the corporate marketing team. The role ensures the content-related deliverables being generated to support marketing efforts across corporate, portfolio and product is strong, consistent and reflects the brand. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Marketing, the position leads the Centers of Excellence (CoEs) for Content Development, PR and Thought Leadership and Social Media, working with cross-functional teams to develop the right strategies and content as part of integrated marketing campaigns, ensuring optimal outcomes. It demands extensive customer service and communication skills, including writing and editing, and a high level of professionalism. The ideal candidate must be a team player, thriving in a challenging and fast-paced environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm and exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills are mandatory.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Elevate and uphold the Molex brand with internal teams and external resources and platforms
- Work as partner to Creative brand Manager to ensure consistency and strong direction and discipline within broader marketing team on execution of all brand-related deliverables
- Maintain and continually improve brand style guides, offer regular guidance so teams empowered to reflect the brand accurately and consistently in their materials
Marketing Content Strategy, Planning and Execution
- Oversee a team of internal and external resources to develop a wide range of content that addresses priority business needs, across all external collateral and materials.
- Collaborate with an extensive team of subject matter experts (SMEs) to curate ideas and ensure proper assignment of resources for each project
- Work with broader marketing team and business unit leads to align proper content development resources to support marketing programs, including demand generation and awareness campaigns as well as other corporate activities and deliverables
- Serve as an editor and reviewer of content built by other marketing content creators
- Advise business on right level and type of content for each program, stage of buyer’s journey and initiatives, against stated goals and objectives
- Manage external agencies and consultants to ensure high quality service and efficient resource allocation
- Oversee and continually improve the process for New Product Releases, working alongside the Content Development Team Manager
- Execute projects with cross-functional team members, provide timely responses and updates to ensure on-time delivery
- Manage the translation process of content assets as needed, track resources and budgets
- Track, analyze and report on content development program efficacy, including Service Level Agreement (SLA) adherence and New Product Release (NPR) delivery requirements
- Develop content library and usage model for extended leverage of carefully created and curated content across all regions
- Based on data insights, provide recommendations on how to improve our content, including presenting to executive stakeholders with the Creative Brand Manager
PR/Thought Leadership and Social Media Program Oversight
- Provide active guidance to program leads, communicating with marketing leadership as needed to ensure the programs are informed and aligned to business needs
- Establish and maintain performance reporting to ensure stakeholders are aware and updated on program coverage and results
- Strategize and continually improve integration and leverage of program content across all deliverables including regions and distribution
- Work closely with program leads to ensure timely and efficient resource assignment and successful, thoughtful execution of projects
- Proactively contribute to improvements in content and program-related project workflows, including documentation and reporting
- Oversee allocation of resources for optimal use and ensure accurate tracking for efficient spend by division
- Establish elements that help provide updates including time estimates/flagging mechanisms during project execution
- Assist in resolution of project issues
- Strategize new ways to provide content to broader teams to ensure optimal leverage in all marketing channels
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, business, or related field
- Previous experience supporting content development, writing and editing projects
- Ability to proactively set priorities and manage workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate completion of responsibilities; ability to keep multiple projects in process simultaneously
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude and flexibility in an environment of tight deadlines and unexpected changes.
- Must be interested in continuously learning new skills, improving processes and outcomes, supporting a highly technical environment and portfolio
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and keyword optimization in content
- Must be comfortable working with executives, presenting plans and reports
- Self-motivated; not afraid to ask questions; able to take initiative, anticipate needs, work independently, and carry projects through completion.
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
- Able and willing to work non-traditional business hours to accommodate different time zones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to make decisions and work autonomously
- Must be customer-driven and able to interface with both internal and external clients including leadership
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams
- Ability to learn new computer software and tools as needed to improve presentations/meetings/events
- Ability to consistently display a positive, professional, customer service focus
What Will Put You Ahead
- Writing and content development in either a corporate or agency environment for technical, B2B, global company,
- Ability to understand technical topics
- Project Management Tool experience
- Creating content for product launches and releases
- Managing content translation or globalization with regional markets
- Experience working with Project Management Tools
- 6+ years of marketing communications/content management/writing experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf