Freight Payment Specialist
INVISTA is looking for a Freight Payment Specialist to join the Freight Payment team. The Freight Payment Specialist is an essential part of a global, cross functional team supporting INVISTA’s network of carriers through on time and accurate invoice payment. Additionally, in this fast-paced role you will bring value to INVISTA with new, innovative ideas that build a more efficient and transparent freight cost lifecycle - allowing our business units to make the best decisions on carrier cost and carrier performance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage the freight cost life cycle from accrual to carrier payment
- Timely and accurate review and resolution of freight settlement invoices in accordance with contract terms and conditions which enable INVISTA to be a preferred shipping partner
- Collaborate with cross functional teams globally, across supply chain, logistics, and finance to create a superior freight cost process enabling greater transparency and decision-making
- Identify and address process deficiencies and ensure that appropriate parties are informed of resolutions and challenges
- Gain a thorough understanding of SAP - SAP TM system, supply chain and INVISTA's accounting best practices
- Develop processes to ensure that vendor accounts are proactively monitored and are in good standing
- Collaborate with commercial owners to develop processes to ensure all operational aspects of the commercial relationships are proactively updated and maintained in the transactional system to provide transparency of accounts and avoid errors and rework
- Develop in-depth knowledge on integrated processes and actively seek ways to obtain and share best knowledge with a contribution mindset
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous experience in Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, Freight, Business or other related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes MS Excel skills (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years' business experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or similar degree
- Previous experience in AR/AP or general accounting
- Previous experience with multiple modes of transportation or logistics services
- Previous experience with SAP/ERP system and/or and SAP TM/ other Transportation Management system
- Previous experience using data analytics tools such as Power Bi, Alteryx, or Tableau
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf