INSTRUMENT RELIABILITY ENGINEER
Flint Hills Resources in Corpus Christi, Texas is looking for an Instrument Reliability Engineer to join their team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of an industry leading company, this may be the opportunity for you! Flint Hills Resources, LC operates oil refineries, chemicals plants and biofuels facilities across North America and is part of Koch Industries, a global leader in several industrial markets.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company, we are privately owned, we have a 9/80 flexible schedule, and our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create. Come realize your full potential and join our team!
THIS ROLE IS ELGIBLE FOR UP TO A 10,000 SIGN ON BONUS UPON HIRE!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Specify and create data sheets for field instrumentation including analyzers/systems, control valves, safety valves, flow elements, transmitters and local field devices.
- Perform sizing/selection of control valves, flow elements, pressure safety valves, etc.
- Perform instrument installation details.
- Maintain involvement in continuous improvement of facilities, work processes and instrumentation technology.
- Support the maintenance team and interface with vendors and contractors to maintain, troubleshoot, repair/replace, configure/tune/program, test/commission/de-commission, etc.
- Participate in activities related to safety, risk assessment and safety incident investigations related to instrumentation equipment.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques, performance analysis and the ability to solve field problems and familiarity with measurement and control.
- Assist with the selection of appropriate Reliability metrics for instrumentation. Maintain metrics for instrument reliability.
- Knowledge around wireless systems and wireless instrumentation.
- Knowledge of field instrumentation for process measurement (e.g. Pressure, Temperature, Level, Flow and Composition) as well as specialty measurements (density, vibration, IR) and control valves, shutdown valves, and their transmission systems (e.g. 4-20mA, HART, ProfiBus).
- Effective team player.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Electronics, Mechanical, Chemical or Instrumentation.
- Experience in Refinery or Chemical plants or Engineering Design Consultancy.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Working knowledge of wiring design in relation to refining industry in accordance with industry standards (i.e. ISA, NEC, IEC, ANSI, etc.).
- Knowledge of various industry standard tools for instrumentation design for industrial processing plants (SmartPlant or equivalent).
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf