Sr Engineer, Product Design
New projects design and development
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create 2D/3D, concept, improvement proposal for middle difficulty projects. Ensure design works hit each phase gate and release the product on time with few guidance including Create 2D/3D, concepts, FMEA and risk analysis (use of FEA, GD&T, tolerance analysis), Leads in identifying, defining test procedure, DVP&R for any new product or expansion product, Leading cross functional team on design review to ensure product design has good DFM, Work with cross function team to improve/solve issue during NPI phase and ramping up phase to make product releasing flawlessly, Prepare and manage related engineering documents.
- Conduct technical communication with customers (internal and external) on their requirements, transform the requirements into best design or improvement solutions with limited support.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing engineer, QA, sales, marketing.
- Technological research assigned by management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- University Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent, and above
- 8+ years of connector design experience
- 3+ years BTB (fine pitch BTB) connector design experience
- Have a professional attitude and full responsibility for any projects and tasks assigned.
- Have a positive attitude to work and keep enthusiasm during working.
- Have strong knowledge about connector design and connector materials – resin and metal.
- Be familiar with the connector manufacturing process include stamping, molding, plating, and assembly.
- Have the related knowledge about quality control method (6sigma/DOE/SPC/CPK/MSA etc.)
- Good planning, coordination, communication and independent analysis, judgment ability about design or process issue.
- Have a good teamwork ability and willingness to share experience with team.
- Have good learning ability and willingness to learn and receive new knowledge.
- Knowledge of mobile or consumer electronics and customer applications of Fine Pitch BTB
- Good English in writing, reading and oral.
What Will Put You Ahead
- A good understand about the Industry Standard about connector, such as EIA, MIL-STD, ISO and so on.
- Be familiar with connector application and verification.
- FEA software
- MIL-STD, ISO system
- High Frequency Knowledge