Corporate Development Associate
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is a group of companies representing market-leading equipment brands – such as John Zink, Koch-Glitsch, Koch Heat Transfer, and many others – paired with services and aftermarket support to provide holistic One Source solutions for our valued customers.
(Home | Koch Engineered Solutions)
Current KES core technologies include mass transfer, combustion engineering & pollution control, heat transfer, membranes and filtration, actuation systems for robotics and automation, intelligent electric grid and next generation asset integrity.
We are currently seeking a Corporate/Business Development Associate to join our team! Our ideal candidate will bring the ability to effectively and concisely communicate key take-aways and recommend action items from large amounts of data to our leadership team. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must for this role. If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, check out our open role!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with the respective KES companies to better understand and anticipate unmet needs of existing and potential customers. Identify potential gaps in KES capabilities or product and service offerings and alternatives for filling such gaps.
- Work with KES companies to develop and maintain a deep understanding of current and future competitors and competing technology offerings.
- Develop market and competitor analysis in potential step-out industrial technology areas where KES may consider investing. Analysis would include, but not be limited to i) current and future addressable market size by application and geography, ii) key trends in what customers value in terms of product and service offerings, iii) key regulatory or policy trends driving supply or demand, and iv) evaluating industry competitors in terms of who is winning and why they are winning.
- Develop financial models and associated presentations as part of the acquisition and POV process.
- Proactively collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders. This includes working with colleagues across both KES and the respective Koch companies.
- Attend global conferences and industry events as appropriate to aid in understanding relevant market dynamics. Network with industry leaders, experts and emerging industrial technology companies to gather and provide feedback on market trends and dynamics.
- Travel up to 10%
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or Business or related field of study
- Experience developing market and competitive analysis
- Experience analyzing financial statements and generating financial models
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including MS Excel and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working at a leading consulting firm or investment bank
- Experience collecting and analyzing voice of customer data
- Experience working with senior leaders
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf