Group Product Manager - Connectivity
Are you looking to make a connection to your career? Come to Molex where we create connections for life. We use innovation, engineering excellence, commitment to quality and reliability, and superior customer experience to improve communication, elevate experiences, and engage and inspire people everywhere.
Molex has portfolio of RF/Microwave Connectors and Custom capabilities that enable customer needs in a variety of industries including: data/high compute, medtech, defense, telecommunications, consumer products and automotive. The evolving demand for 5G capabilities has put pressure on bandwidth and cellular radio sensitivity, which in turn, has put greater demands on the transmission of RF signals from the cellular antenna to the remote radio head. Our Global Product Management and Marketing teams have a direct impact on growth.
We are looking for a Group Product Manager that will be managing a team of product managers and leading our efforts to support, promote and launch expanding product lines in addition to our core products. We are looking for someone that has the technical RF Connector and/or Cable experience to help drive products to new markets and customers. We will rely on the Group Product Manager to help us strategize on what we have and where we can improve our market position and product marketing. This person will help work closely with Sales, Customers, Engineering and our Distributor Network to help build business.
This role can be based remotely anywhere in the United States with travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and implement strategic product and annual business plans targeting markets, industries and customers
- Identify product line trends and technologies and lead long term product planning
- Improve profit of assigned product line(s)
- Lead cost reduction activities, new technologies and quality improvements
- Identify opportunities to establish and develop industry partner relationships
- Work with BDMs, sales and customers to review forecasts and develop budgets and internal forecasts
- Work with BDMs and customers to manage revision changes, expedites, quality problems or price changes during product life on assigned part numbers
- Under the direction of the Director of Product Management and Marketing, review and approve special price requests, maintain price bands and price lists and develop pricing strategies for new and existing products
- Will have direct supervisory responsibility for product and marketing professionals
- May plan for necessary training, scheduling workload, and evaluating performance of employees
- May participate in interviewing and recruitment activities and may recommend or provide input on promotions, salary changes, disciplinary action, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in the Design, Development or Product Management of RF connectors and/or cable assembly products
- Experience in leadership, coaching and motivating others
- Ability to travel internationally to meet with customers, suppliers, manufacturing locations
- Ability to participate in conference calls with colleagues in other regions of the world during nights or weekends as needed
- SAP experience or equivalent ERP systems
- Experience in product/project management
- Experience in developing, executing and managing product portfolios
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in negotiating and working with OEM’s
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $ 125,000 - $ 200,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf