Are you a self-motivated individual who has experience in installing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment in a manufacturing environment? Do you want to work in an environment where you will be encouraged to share and expand upon your knowledge? If so, Georgia-Pacific is hiring an Electrician for our Camden, NJ facility. Compensation for this role starts at $32.73/hr and is also eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus! This position is Monday-Friday 7am-3pm, including overtime as needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, installing, repairing, and maintaining facility electrical distribution and manufacturing process equipment
- Installing and maintaining electrical systems in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding, troubleshooting, and modifying programmable logic control (PLC) and distributed control systems (DCS)
- Learning technical skills to keep current with changing operations
- Providing feedback on equipment conditions, potential failure risks, corrections, and additions on job plans
- Installing new conduit and wiring and making modifications to existing conduit and wiring
- Understanding, troubleshooting, and modifying IT network ethernet systems.
- Maintain accurate records such as labor hours, preventative maintenance, and service orders in the Maintenance software system (MP2 system)
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with other team members in a team-based environment to accomplish assigned tasks
The Experience You Will Bring
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling; maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- A least one (1) year of experience working within a manufacturing, industrial, or industrial military environment
- Experience in industrial electrical repair, process controls, and/or instrumentation
- Experience using a computer for basic record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience with single and 3 phase electrical repair/trouble shooting up to 480 volts
- Knowledge of electronic circuitry and test equipment
- Experience reading electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
- Experience measuring, cutting, and bending conduit
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic equipment, circuits, and component
- Experience with PLC’s
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Electrician journeyman card
- Associates degree or higher in Industrial Electricity, Instrumentation, Electrical & Control Technology, or Electrical Engineering
- Coursework in Principles of Technology, Electrical Control Systems or Control Theory OR Military or apprenticeship experience in PLCs, voltage, wiring or schematics
- Experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- Experience with fabrication and welding
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf