Electrical Engineer Intern - I&C
This job posting is no longer active.
GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC’s operations have been producing agricultural fertilizer products since 1967. We synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 270 dedicated team members. At KFCU, our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
A subsidiary of Koch Industries Inc., one of the world’s largest private companies, Koch Fertilizer’s global operations leverage Market-Based Management® to create long-term value for customers and society. By focusing on long-term value creation, we promote a challenging and rewarding environment for our professional and highly respected employees
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth as a result of reinvesting 90% of our earnings
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING INTERN (May – December 2023)
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to join the Electrical Engineering Team for an eight (8) month term. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization!
· Conduct data collection and technical literature scrutiny for electrical equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers, induction and synchronous motors, and variable frequency drives among others
· Assist in the development of a systems study for plant operations with provincial grid network (Manitoba Hydro)
· Assist in the development of an electrical protection system
· Provide research and administrative assistance for the Engineering department
· Work with an assigned engineer to collect information required for indicators and trends
The successful candidate must have a passion for the industry and will report to the Technical Leader.
The Experience You Will Bring:
· Currently enrolled as a third or fourth year undergraduate student in an accredited post-secondary electrical engineering program
· Demonstrated theoretical background on electrical equipment
· Well-versed in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office
· A demonstrated stable work history and the desire to join a fast-paced work environment
· Demonstrated initiative, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Proven organization and time management skills, detail-oriented, high level of integrity, honesty, and professionalism
· Previous related co-op or internship experience is considered an asset
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
· Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights
· Pass a pulmonary breathing test
· Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
· Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
· Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
· Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
· Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
· Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
Hours of Work: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, 1 hour lunch break
If you are ready to step into an exciting position with Koch Fertilizer Canada, please apply online at:
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.
By applying to this position you are confirming that you possess valid Canadian work authorization.
This job posting is no longer active.