Area General Manager - Corrugated Packaging
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose, and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking an Area General Manager (AGM) for our Corrugated Consumer Packaging business. This business leader will have P&L responsibility for 2 sites located in Cleveland, TN & Huntsville, AL. The Area General Manager is responsible for the overall business strategy and direct supervision of the commercial team members in sales and customer service. Success in this role requires a high sense of urgency and the ability to develop a high-performing team within a matrixed organization. Strong commercial, financial and technical acumen along with the ability to prioritize profitable action to transform the business are also critical to this role. This position reports to the VP of Consumer Packaging.
Location: Open to candidates residing in a close proximity or willing to relocate to Cleveland, TN, Huntsville, AL or Atlanta, GA
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the day-to-day commercial activity, managing financial budgets, and direct client interaction
- Managing and develop team including a Customer Service Manager, Sales Manager, and their teams
- Leads a customer centric culture through performance excellence
- Manage financial budgets and improve profitability of the business
- Find and capture opportunities to innovate and profitably grow
- Set and align priorities and develop strategies that support a market focused vision
- Direct client interaction and build on existing and develop profitable new relationships with customers
- Coordinate with operations and other capabilities to achieve business goals
- Motivate others to achieve goals and drive continuous improvements
- Foster a collaborative environment between Sales, Customer Service, Operations, Supply Chain, and other internal capabilities within a matrixed organization
- Ensure compliance with applicable governmental regulations, GP standards and practices
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5 years or more years of experience managing and leading teams
- 2 years of experience with managing aspects of a P&L and understanding of P&L line items
- Experience with business-to-business sales growth or business development responsibilities
- Able to travel up to 50% (including some overnight travel)
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- Experience in the corrugated industry in sales or operations
- Proven top line and bottom-line growth performance and orientation
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement/change leadership
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf