INVISTA is the world's largest integrated producer and marketer of premium fibers, resins and intermediates you see in products such as apparel, carpet, bedding, airbags, seatbelts, luggage, diapers, and soft drink packaging. Our powerful portfolio of recognizable consumer brands includes LYCRA®, STAINMASTER® and COOLMAX® just to name a few. With employees located across six continents, we are committed to our customers' growth through market insights and technology innovations. You can learn more about INVISTA by visiting www.INVISTA.com.
INVISTA is seeking a Scientist (Chemist) in our Intermediates Research Group at our Orange, TX facility.
INVISTA R&D operates a world-class Process Research and Development (R&D) Laboratory in Orange, Texas. INVISTA commitment to continue as a world leader in Process R&D will provide challenging career openings and the opportunity to be at the forefront of technological advancement on a global stage.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Teaming with product/process development scientists, engineers, and analytical team members to support research programs.
- Training technicians on the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain and sustain highly accurate repeatable results.
- Identifying new programs and experiments that provide value to INVISTA.
- Design experiments to gain the necessary knowledge to scale from laboratory to plant scale.
- Assuring accurate interpretation of data by auditing results and providing routine feedback and training to technicians.
- Identifying unknown materials and contaminants through the application of appropriate scientific methods.
- Providing guidance and oversight on the safe operation of lab facilities from a chemical interaction, reactivity, handling, and hygiene perspective.
The Experience You Will Bring
- PhD in Organic, Inorganic or Organometallic chemistry, with 3+ years of experience either in Industrial Research and Development or Post-doctoral experience.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experienced in data analysis, statistics, and design of experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (oral & written) observations and results to technical and non-technical associates.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and accept guidance around potentially hazardous laboratory work.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, one-to-one with the Team leader, and as a member of a larger team at various times.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively direct others in the proper applications of techniques.
- Knowledge in homogeneous and or heterogeneous catalysis.
- Knowledge of advanced analytical techniques to aid in problem-solving and elucidation of fundamental chemistry.
- Computer experience: window-based software including MS Office and chromatography data collection software.
- Experience in industrial process chemistry, online instrumentation, and/or catalyst characterization is a plus.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall well-being so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, and educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave, and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy, or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value, and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf