Production Associate – La Mirada, CA
Georgia-Pacific is looking for motivated Production Associates with a passion for safety to join our team in La Mirada, CA. At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. This position creates value by providing support in operations and working as a team to produce a quality product for our customers in a timely manner. Production Associates contribute to a safe and clean plant environment by performing general housekeeping duties in different areas of the production floor. If you are committed to safety and enjoy working with a team, you may be GP’s next Production Associate!
This position offers a competitive benefits package with starting hourly rate of at $20.50/hour.
The facility operates three shifts. Successful candidates for this role must be available to work any shift, as well as overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. To learn more about our Corrugated Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Corrugated
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a computer, tablet, or smart device
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $20.00 per hour. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf