Instrument Control Engineer Intern
Start Date: Summer 2023
Length of Placement: 12 months
Company name: Koch Technology Solutions (KTS) - For more information about KTS please visit our website: https://www.kochtechsolutions.com/
Location: Wilton Centre - Teesside/UK - Homepage | Wilton Centre
Koch Technology Solutions (KTS) is a technology development and licensing business within KOCH Industries.
We are looking for someone who is eager to contribute to an industry-leading team creating petrochemical process technologies worldwide. Our ideal candidate will be willing to learn and try new skills, and also to challenge our thinking.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Join a multifunctional team, supporting:
- Instrument and Control design for existing contracts
- New process technologies and designs
- New, better ways of working
- Adding value through the use of live global datasets
- Automation strategies
Develop industry-relevant technical skills, putting theory learned during your course into practice, building on your existing knowledge and providing a solid foundation for your future career.
By taking this role on in an open-minded and enthusiastic way, you will quickly learn how your skills and attitude can directly contribute to the success of a business. You will see the direct positive value of your actions and decisions on our products and clients.
The Experience You Will Bring
- University student looking to undertake this placement as part of their year in industry
- Studying a degree in Chemical, Electronics, Instrument or Control Engineering with a particular interest in Process Control, Automation, Measurement or Data Management
- Happy to take on roles ranging from creating high-quality designs for existing clients through to developing new technologies for our next generation of customers
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
- The desire to learn quickly, be driven, confident and self-motivated
- Strong numerical skills, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software applications
Koch Technology Solutions are recruiting several placement students within the organisation and will support them in finding local accommodation. We welcome applications from a wide range of students, including international students.
The company is based at the Wilton Centre, a large science and business park ten minutes from Middlesbrough with an on-site restaurant, gym, and landscaped grounds including a lake. Majority of the staff are working on site, and this would be the expectation for the placement students. Other benefits include 25 days' paid holiday and flexible working hours.
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Closing Date: 9th December 2022