Sr. Product Testing Technician (Assembly/Construction)
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Sr. Product Testing Technician (Assembly/Construction) to support various groups in Decatur, GA (just outside Atlanta, GA). The Sr. Product Testing Technician (Assembly/Construction) is a key role that will create value through small scale manufacturing and testing prior to implementation in production settings. The Sr. Product Testing Technician (Assembly/Construction) will construct assemblies/walls, conduct testing, record data and work closely with R&D, Quality, Product Management, Technical Services, Operations, business partners and leadership. Furthermore, the Sr. Product Testing Technician (Assembly/Construction) will contribute to the product development cycle from idea generation, pilot scale manufacturing, to new product commercialization and contribute to the customer focus/testing support capability. The Decatur site includes a state-of-the-art analytical lab and extensive application testing capabilities. As a market leader, Georgia-Pacific has the analytical, statistical and process tools, assets, and commitment for you to be a successful contributor and create value.
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose, and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely using power tools, manually lifting materials up to safe limits and assisting co-workers
- Construction and testing of building product assemblies
- Conditioning samples, conducting physical testing of materials and submitting/communicating results to customers
- Handling/staging warehouse testing materials (receiving, verifying, unloading, inspecting, and documenting incoming truck shipments)
- Willing and able to work in an industrial, small scale production environment, including periods of time in dusty, noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Travel up to 10% of the time
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in a construction, industrial, or military environment
- Three (3) year or more years of experience working with hand tools and power tools
- Experience effectively planning, multi-tasking, and utilizing time management skills to complete projects and meet deadlines
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree or higher in science with studies in Mechanics, Science, Electronics, or Construction wood science or Material Science
- Five (5) or more years working in a construction, manufacturing, industrial, quality, fabrication environment
- Experience in operating forklift and other mobile equipment, including hand pallet jacks
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf