Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a talented Electrical Technician to join the team at our lumber mill in Diboll, Texas.
This position comes with a $7,500 sign-on bonus!
Expected Pay Range: $29-36/hour
We are seeking an experienced skilled electrician role that creates value by performing a variety of electrical systems and maintenance duties, while ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals. At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical control systems, instrumentation, and electronic circuits (motor controls, relay logic, AC/DC drives, and low voltage switchgear)
- Troubleshoot electrical systems using proven analytical and field troubleshooting skills
- Document information
- Install and make changes to industrial electrical equipment
- Work with mechanical and electrical machinery, including hydraulic and pneumatic systems, performing electrical preventative maintenance tasks (PM's)
- Work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Work in a very fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment with emphasis on safety, quality, environmental concerns, and production goals
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, such as safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Complete assigned duties while displaying quality workmanship and being self-motivated
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school Diploma or GED
- At least two (2) years of experience working as an Electrical Technician in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience of 3 phase 480-volt electrical systems
- Must be able to work any shift (rotating), overtime, weekends, and holidays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Completion of 2 years of an accredited electrical training program
- Efficient troubleshooting and programming knowledge using PLC's (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Knowledge of computer systems and the ability to learn new software applications
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics/blueprints
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf