Georgia- Pacific is currently seeking qualified candidates to consider for a Manufacturing Engineer opportunity in the paper machine area at our Cedar Springs, Georgia mill. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting the mill’s vision of creating long term value measured by safety, production, and manufacturing cost. The successful candidate will work in the Paper Mill which consists of three paper machines. Our culture is defined by the Principle Based Management™ philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitate a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction and risk mitigation
- Gather process data and perform statistical/analytical tests to uncover important variables and their impacts
- Develop and execute Maintenance and Improvement projects for the Paper Machine area
- Support Paper Machine outage work and development
- Provide technical support for the manufacturing process area to facilitate troubleshooting and problem solving to achieve goals
- Lead and support root cause analysis (RCA) for the production process
- Develop technical capability of others by ensuring skill building materials are correct and transferring process and equipment knowledge via daily interaction and formal skill building
- Partner with operators, Maintenance technicians and Process Control Engineers to understand all processes and how teams and individuals are involved and impacted at each step
- Develop and implement best practices and innovative solutions to improve and optimize production rates, quality output and uptime
- Develop and implement Standardized Operating Procedures and troubleshooting guidelines
- Support Discipline Operations through Key Performance Indicators management
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Pulp & Paper Science
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Small project development and execution experience
- Pulp and Paper industry experience
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages is our ability to do so through our dedicated employees. Georgia-Pacific is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill, located in the southwest corner of Georgia is approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf