CAE Simulation Engineer (m/f/d)
Molex is seeking a proactive and experienced CAE Simulation Engineer (m/f/d). In this role you will represent product development and design engineering and you will collaborate in a global team to work closely with automotive customers and Molex engineering teams to assure that the mechanical designs of Molex’ Vehicle Antenna Systems products are in alignment with the best methods for design, quality, and production. The CAE Simulation engineer (m/f/d) is supporting the product development and the enhancements of new and existing automotive antennas products.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Interface with customers and present design solutions.
- Develop new products and/or materials that support current product lines or help establish new product lines. Lead analysis and research of embedded systems design products for automotive industry.
- Lead advanced simulation efforts supporting design engineers with FEA structural and thermal analyses, and CFD thermal management analyses for electronics across global sites.
- FEA modeling and analysis to simulate durability tests and automotive product performance in the areas: thermal shock, thermal cycling, shock force, vibration, water intrusion… etc.
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise to a variety of projects in the development of products, processes or equipment.
- Analyze test results and the effect of material properties, geometry, and test condition.
- Work directly with customers, and internal teams to identify requirements, establish expectations, and meet agreed upon mechanical performance, and goals for projects.
- Perform assembly and tolerance analysis simulations on CAD models for assemblies.
- Interpret analysis results with respect to results obtained by lab testing procedures, converting these results into practical design templates based on given geometry model, and providing structural support to the design team.
- Writing reports and preparing presentations for summarizing the analysis results and reviewing all project-related analysis results for ensuring the accuracy of project reports.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Excellent experience with CATIA V5 modeling.
- Extensive experience with FEA modeling.
- Environmental testing, and structural mechanical vibrations testing experience for embedded systems in the automotive industry.
- Experience with automotive processes, standards and legal requirements.
- Team player, with ability to guide the team as the “expert” in a particular field.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
What Will Put You Ahead
- FEA modeling experience, preferrable with Hyperworks, Abaqus, NX Nastran.
Supercomputers. Smartphones. Self-driving cars. You’ll find our innovation inside the technology that’s transforming our world and improving lives. We’re a team of 50,000 people in over 40 countries, united in our values and beliefs and part of Koch Industries - one of the world’s largest privately held businesses - giving you access to opportunities across a diverse set of companies, markets and geographies. Every day we strive to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value for the company, our customers and society.Get ready for new challenges and new experiences.