Sr. Engineer, Design-Signal Integrity
Molex is seeking a Senior Signal Integrity Engineer to join a team within our Copper Solutions Business Unit that designs, analyzes, and verifies the signal integrity performance of high-speed connectors, cables, and other interconnect systems for the data center, telecom, and server and storage markets. This engineer will primarily work with mechanical and manufacturing engineers to develop next generation 112Gbps and 224Gbps interconnects for a wide range of local and international customers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the design and optimization of high-speed interconnects using the latest full-wave 3D EM field solver software and analysis methods at both nominal and worst-case conditions.
- Perform empirical and analytical signal integrity evaluations of interconnects to validate designs. Perform simulation to measurement correlation studies.
- Direct the PCB layout team to design signal integrity characterization test boards and customer verification boards.
- Generate signal integrity evaluation reports, qualification test reports, and other technical reports and presentations for both internal and customer use.
- Provide expert signal integrity advice to product management, sales, and customers regarding our interconnect products and applications.
- Discover and invent new techniques and methods in signal integrity modeling, design, analysis, and verification. Recommend design changes and technical process and procedure improvements.
- Present research on new and emerging areas of interconnect and system signal integrity design, analysis, verification, and industry trends at industry events and conferences.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proven experience in designing, verifying, and correlating signal integrity solutions for high-speed interconnects.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Applied Math.
- 8+ years’ signal integrity design and verification experience or 5+ years’ experience with Master’s Degree or higher.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Applied Math.
- 10+ years’ signal integrity design and verification experience or 8+ years’ experience with Master’s Degree or higher.
- Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth theoretical understanding of electromagnetics
- Experience using HFSS, CST, or similar full-wave 3D EM field solver software to design and optimize high-speed interconnects (connectors, cables, PCB’s, IC packages, systems, etc.)
- Experience using VNA’s, TDR’s, and BERT’s to verify high-speed interconnect signal integrity performance
- Experience using ADS, Designer, or similar frequency-domain and time-domain circuit simulation software to analyze end-to-end interconnect signal integrity performance
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience and knowledge of PCB design rules for signal integrity and DFM
- Experience and knowledge of power integrity design, analysis, and verification
- Excellent interpersonal, bi-lingual communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, as well as develop and meet project schedules
- Team player who can lead and work independently when needed
- Technical team leadership & mentorship
- Standards committee participation & Technical papers published