Manager of Accounting (Internal Financial Controls)
We are seeking a Manager of Accounting to join our IFC COE team. This role will create value by strengthening and developing the Internal Financial Control Environment at Georgia-Pacific for several regionally based manufacturing locations in the Northeastern US. This position will participate in high visibility projects to drive continuous transformation and improvement of the company's control environment. The role will interface with leaders across numerous business processes and capabilities. The role will influence many different levels of our organization and will lead others to understand the importance of internal control to non-accounting personnel. A successful candidate must have a desire to educate others. This position will also support the Controller’s Leadership team and the Corporate Internal Financial Controls (IFC) and Compliance program through coordination of self-assessments, peer reviews, roundtable discussions, and knowledge shares between business segments.
If you are a candidate in the larger regional area that can visit the supported facilities (below) - we want to hear from you! This is a hybrid role of remote work and day trips with occasional overnight travel. During onboarding, it will be critical to meet and establish relationships with our operations teams; from there you will have the flexibility to schedule your travel to meet priority business demands.
This role provides the opportunity to gain excellent knowledge of the key drivers of success for the organization across business segments. The experience gained through this position will provide an excellent platform for future career growth within the company. The successful candidate must be self-directed, able to manage multiple projects, seek out opportunities to create value by streamlining processes, setting priorities and meeting deadlines. If you have a strong aptitude and desire for problem solving, adopting and promoting the use of new technologies, learning new systems, and improving processes through automation - check us out!
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, and building products. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day. Georgia-Pacific is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. – the largest privately held company in the United States
What You Will Do In Your Role
In this Key role for the Organization, overall responsibilities will include:
- Effectively communicating the Internal Control framework for our manufacturing locations
- Evaluating the Internal Financial Control environment at our manufacturing locations
- Partnering with the Business to learn business processes and identify risks and opportunities for improvement
- Working closely with the manufacturing locations to rapidly close control gaps in our control environment
- Documenting internal control metrics to measure the Internal Control environment effectiveness
- Advance our Principles-Based Management® culture by applying and reinforcing the company’s Guiding Principles
Additionally, the Manager of Accounting will have to the ability to successfully:
- Evaluate Business processes to identify risks and gaps; develop risk management plans
- Communicate testing status, results, observations, and improvement recommendations to the Business
- Participate in or lead IFC Peer reviews at manufacturing locations
- Participate in creating the actions plans to close IFC gaps
- Lead/Assist in preparing formal written reports to communicate peer review results to leadership
- Take on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business or relevant field of study
- Experience in an Audit or Accounting or related role that required a working knowledge of Accounting processes, US GAAP requirements and Internal Financial Controls
- Ability to partner and collaborate with others to learn processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to securely document and evaluate information and communicate observations and recommendations to others
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a manufacturing organization is strongly preferred
- Advanced experience with Internal Financial Controls (develop, analyze, risk/gap analysis, implementation)
- Previous experience providing technical accounting and process guidance to internal customers or clients
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf