VP, Business Development - Energy Storage
DEPCOM Power, INC is recruiting for a Vice President in Business Development to help grow our Energy Storage division. This individual will develop strategic & balanced business strategies for target markets and project types in support of DEPCOM’s growing energy storage solution business nationwide.
DEPCOM Power a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC), Operation and Maintenance (O&M), Repowering and Energy Storage services for the U.S. utility solar and energy industries. Our rapid growth, reputation and strong position in the energy market offer dynamic career opportunities for individuals seeking an exciting work environment in America’s fastest-growing sector.
To learn more about DEPCOM Power, visit www.depcompower.com
This role is home-based with about 25% travel
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Meet or exceed annual sales volume targets on the order of multiple 100s of megawatt hours annually with a multi-GW pipeline within 12-months. Those volume targets will be the result of a business development plan on which you and your manager will collaborate
- Gather market intelligence and expand relationships with utilities, developer and IPP customers, and regional transmission authorities to deeply understand the development environment, continuously refine that understanding, and use it to adjust strategy
- Generate energy storage opportunities through collaboration with existing accounts and independent activities including account profiling, cold calls, business networking and other market penetration strategies
- Generate proposals, quotes, and formal RFP responses
- Work with DEPCOM’s Energy Storage Business Unit engineers, procurement, and pre-construction teams to identify the most appropriate technical and financial solutions to optimize system competitiveness and be able to clearly present combined technical and financial solutions to clients
- Work with management, legal, and executive teams to negotiate contract terms and close transactions
- Represent DEPCOM at marketing events such as trade shows and industry events. Participate in panel discussions as appropriate, generally targeting Energy Storage customers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous experience in business development working with customers and negotiating contracts
- Previous experience in energy storage OR solar EPC contracts
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience selling EPC Services in Energy Storage with a customer base in the United States
- Technical understanding of the Lithium-ion Battery Storage industry
- Experience in Utility Scale Storage industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf