Flint Hills Resources is looking for a Pipeline Operator to join our team at our facility in Cottage Grove, MN. As a Pipeline Operator you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the pipelines in the area including monitoring receipt and shipment of crude oil and other finished petroleum and non-petroleum products, lab testing, inspection and record keeping requirements, computer-oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility.
This role comes with a fully equipped company work truck, technician tools, and uniforms along with great benefits.
This role also offers a flexible 9/80’s work schedule, meaning there is the potential for every other Friday off depending on workload.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Field operations across the system including facility station checks, contractor oversight, right of way evaluations
- Promote pipeline safety and safe digging practices, this includes, but not limited to, communicating with excavators, landowners, and emergency response officials
- Traveling to remote locations to perform work described
- Communicate and manage relationships with contract service providers and the general public
- Line up and safety operation of process flows.
- Input computer data in various programs and are assigned duties through a work management system
- Basic LOTO
- Basic valve maintenance
- Launch/Receiving In-line inspection devices
- Measurement responsibilities including but not limited to: maintaining and calibrating measurement instrumentation, participating in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing measurement equipment, understand and assist with the system over/short processes, ticket writing, understand meter factors, and the verification and calibration of measurement equipment, perform quality control testing of crude oil samples.
- Ability to respond to calls 24/7 for emergency response
- In the event of unplanned events or system "call outs", you are willing to be available for an on-call rotation during selected nights and weekends as required by the number of personnel in rotation. Team members must be willing to occasionally travel (with overnight stays) for training, meetings, or to assist short term at other locations.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 90% of the time during the day with up to 10% of the time being overnight stays to support the business.
Physical Requirements but not limited to:
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
The Experience You Will Bring
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to meet Physical Requirements for the role
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience
- Willing and able to reside within an approximate 45-minute drive of the facility in Cottage Grove, MN
- Ability to work overtime as needed, including night, weekends, and holidays
What Will Put You Ahead
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
- At least two years of construction/maintenance experience in a bulk storage terminal
- Previous work experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operation
- 1-2 years of Electrical and Instrumentation troubleshooting experience
- One year of experience in petroleum, or chemical industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf