Senior Property Tax Analyst
Koch Industries, one of the largest private companies in America, is seeking a Senior Property Tax Analyst to join our growing team in the Atlanta, GA or Wichita, KS office. The tax team at Koch Industries is a strategic partner to the businesses they support by identifying opportunities, driving process improvements, and communicating tax impacts of transactions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review annual property tax returns in a timely manner and assist in managing the compliance process.
- Coordinate with outside vendors on return preparation
- Compile and review data, research new investments, and identify discrepancies to ensure returns reflect accurate and complete information.
- Work with business units and incentives team to project tax impact of potential projects.
- Manage audit risk and create long term value by reviewing assets, researching positions, obtaining exemptions, and improving processes.
- Assist with the comprehensive review of real and personal property assessment notices received, pursue appeals and savings opportunities.
- Partner with internal groups to gain and share knowledge and support business goals.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years of experience in property tax.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including working in Microsoft Excel (including, but not limited to V-Look up and Pivot tables).
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of experience in property tax.
- Experience with property tax software services (e.g., PTMS).
- Ability to travel to facilities occasionally.
- Experience with Tableau or Alteryx.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience with additional indirect taxes such as mineral severance tax or transfer tax.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree in accounting, finance, taxation, or related field.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf