Our Georgia-Pacific facilities in Green Bay, WI are looking for motivated individuals to join our team as a Fiber Technician at our Broadway location. A successful candidate will be detail-oriented and thrive in a team-oriented environment. Our team members have the opportunity to earn quarterly performance-based pay bonuses and have opportunities to advance based on capability, not seniority.
Fiber Technicians work a rotating 12-hour shift that includes days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime hours. We offer highly competitive starting wages which are determined by experience. In addition to a great starting wage, team members also receive a full benefits package, overtime opportunities, two (2) weeks of vacation prorated for the first year, along with the opportunity to work in a progressive, safety conscious work environment.
External applicants are eligible to receive a sign-on bonus equal to 15% of the total earnings from the first 90 calendar days of employment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Inspect product to ensure quality standards are met including grading of wastepaper
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, which includes wearing required safety PPE
- Perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience using a computer OR tablet OR smartphone
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment
- Experience working in a paper/pulp manufacturing environment
- Experience working a rotating shift
- Forklift experience including loading and unloading trailers
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf