**$19+/hr depending on experience. Quarterly bonus eligibility, competitive benefits, and 401(k)**
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Production Technicians for its Oriented Strand Board (OSB) facility located in Gladys, VA. This position is responsible for operating equipment to produce and maintain quality of product and meet customer expectations. Technicians may work in various departments within the mill, including Log yard, Dryer & Energy, Press, and Finishing.
Our Production Technicians work 12-hr rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime and work indoors or outdoors in all weather conditions. Training requires individuals to work four extra shifts per month in addition to regular schedule until training has been successfully completed. Our plant is a tobacco-free facility.
To learn more about our Building Products division, please visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate heavy and moving manufacturing equipment, and mobile equipment including a front-end loader, sweeper, forklift and manlift
- Learn new tasks, including functions in control cab, control room, and ground support, and become proficient in performing these tasks
- Operate Control Room panels, displays and HMI graphics to maintain operations according to parameters
- Monitor system performance to meet targets
- Provide ground support for production area while maintaining safe and clean working environment
- Work in high (up to 80 ft) and confined spaces for up to 12hrs
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with other team members in a team-based environment
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations to include wearing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment
- Perform tasks such as pulling, pushing, and lifting up to 50 lbs., as well as walking, climbing, including stairs, ladders, stooping, standing, and reaching for up to 12hrs
- Learn and comply with environmental and safety guidelines, policies, and permit requirements
- Complete training to become CPR and First-Aid certified
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer or tablet for documentation and/or record-keeping functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least one (1) year of machine operating experience
- At least three (3) years of industrial or manufacturing experience
- Experience operating mobile equipment
- Experience working in computer-controlled environment
- Experience in a logging environment
- Experience in control cab operations
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com