Senior Project Engineer
Georgia-Pacific Consumer Operations is seeking qualified professionals to consider for a Senior Project Engineer role at the Consumer Products Operation located in Muskogee, OK. The Muskogee Mill is an integrated Tissue and Towel manufacturing operation. This position is primarily responsible for developing and leading the implementation capital projects at the mill. This individual will also provide technical support to maintenance and operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the execution of capital projects for conceptualization through operational performance testing.
- Lead project teams in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives using Georgia-Pacific work process.
- Develop bid specifications, project schedules and budget estimates for engineering and design, and construction.
- Support the value drivers for the mill and the business by safely and responsibly delivering project goals including product quality, production, schedule, and cost.
- Use the project management tools and techniques to complete all phases of the capital project including design, procurement, construction, and system start-up.
- Utilize economic thinking to lead the project team in evaluation project alternatives, equipment, vendors, and contractors.
- Reinforce safe construction supervision of all construction activities.
- Perform review of drawings developed internally or as part of contractor bid submittal packages.
- Prepare equipment and system requirements including design as required, specifications, construction scopes of work and request for quotations (RFQs) that meet project objectives.
- Perform contractor analyses and participate in contractor selection, contract development, and contractor supervision as required.
- Insuring reliable operations with a focus on design for reliability.
- Expanding and refining in-house technical capabilities.
- Effective execution of the Project Work Processes and Mill Improvement Processes.
- Assisting in the development and execution of mill and area capital plans
- Managing capital, working capital, fixed asset ledger, cost reduction projects to yield target ROCC.
- Work with internal and external resources (including engineering resources) to organize and execute projects as defined in the Venture Scope of Work (VSW). This includes design, construction/installation, commissioning, startup, and documentation activities.
- Use economic thinking when evaluating alternatives/equipment/vendors/contractors.
- Provide technical support to maintenance and operations teams.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering OR in lieu of a degree, 10+ years of project engineering/management experience.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in Project Engineering/Management in a manufacturing environment.
- Work experience as a project manager and/or project engineer responsible for mechanical engineering capability in small ($10,000) to mid-size (greater than $5,000,000) capital equipment installations.
- Experience working with technical/mechanical specifications and drawings.
- Experience organizing and managing multiple projects at one time.
- CAD drafting experience creating sketches, drawings, and representations.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with capital project management for paper machine, pulp processing, water treatment and/or utilities installations and modifications.
- Experience in mechanical engineering and process engineering to evaluate project scope, objectives, goals, alternatives, equipment, vendors, and contractors necessary to funding estimates.
- Experience using SAP for work packages including notifications, work orders, purchase requisitions, etc.
- Experience in document management/document access systems, i.e. Vault, Adept, etc.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf