Product Design Engineer (m/f/d)
As our Molex team is continuously growing, we are now looking for a driven Product Design Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team in Wolfsburg. Are you interested in a company that offers you growth opportunities, where you can self-actualize? Then we are looking for you to join our Molex Design Engineering team.
In this role you will play a key role in the creativity and the execution of the design and development of our Molex connectors. As a Design Engineer you will have the possibility to be involved in new concepts, design optimization change, problem solving and/or simple drawing updates.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support the development of new connector designs and be involved in all phases required to bring connector concepts into production.
- Create 3D solid models and coordinate construction of (SLAs). Create external customer models in the required format.
- Create suitable manufacturing and customer drawings that follow the Molex Drawing Standard and employs accepted GD&T methodology. This includes product and packaging.
- Prepare and follow engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.
- Review the FOT and the test results and engage failure mode analysis based on a structured approach that lead to product improvement options.
- Interfaces with internal departments (manufacturing, quality, lab, sales, and marketing) to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner and assists by providing product information and engineering samples.
- Assist in the development the Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) to help eliminate failures from the product. Perform tolerance stacks and any relevant design justifications to support risk analysis.
- Supports current product with continuous improvement and supports resolution of customer issues by Quality or Engineering.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related technical engineering degree
- Solid experience in mechanical connector design or design of small plastic components.
- Experience with CAD (2D and 3D), dimensioning and design risk evaluation techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques in the following areas: molding, stamping, plating, assembly and dies.
- Good communication skills (both orally and written) in English.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the automotive industry would be a plus.
- Understanding of engineering analyses such as stress, strain and tolerances would be a plus.
- Experience with spreadsheets, presentation and word-processing software would be a plus.
- Experience working with NX, TeamCenter would be a plus.
- Good communication skills (both orally and written) in German would be a plus.
What We Offer
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to contribute ideas and actively shape the corporate culture
- Freedom to take the initiative and make decisions on your own responsibility
- Bicycle leasing via JobRad
Supercomputers. Smartphones. Self-driving cars. You’ll find our innovation inside the technology that’s transforming our world and improving lives. We’re a team of 50,000 people in over 40 countries, united in our values and beliefs and part of Koch Industries - one of the world’s largest privately held businesses - giving you access to opportunities across a diverse set of companies, markets and geographies. Every day we strive to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value for the company, our customers and society. Get ready for new challenges and new experiences.