Relco, LLC is seeking a Senior Accountant with strong analytical and communication skills to join our team in Willmar, MN! This role will partner with Finance Leaders to develop analysis on drivers of spend, insights into trend and variance analysis, and implement process improvements.
RELCO, a Koch Separation Solutions (KSS) company, is based in the Midwest region of the United States – the heartland of dairy and cheese. As an industry leader in evaporation, drying, cheesemaking equipment, and powder handling & packaging technologies, the acquisition of RELCO in November 2020 enhanced our capabilities and solutions offering in the food and dairy industries. RELCO also held a strong presence in Brazil, New Zealand, and the Netherlands, allowing KSS to connect with manufacturers around the world and provide integrated, complete process solutions through the combined power of evaporator, dryer, and membrane filtration technologies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform financial closing procedures and balance sheet account analysis
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure account balances are correct and adequately supported.
- Actively engage with and develop strong relationships with operations management to better understand and anticipate business needs.
- Support the business by facilitating a strong internal financial control environment.
- Look to identify, challenge, recommend, and support process improvements, standardization, and optimization.
- Bridge financial and operational reporting.
- Provide additional support to Finance Team as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Relevant Accounting experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of general accounting functions (G/L, Intercompany Transactions, Account Reconciliations, Journal Entries, Variance Analysis, Month-End close) and Internal Financial Controls
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes MS Excel skills (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with accounting ERP systems
- Experience with percentage of completion method of revenue recognition
- Growth mindset, ability to implement processes and drive change
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills to present and tailoring message to audience, including senior leadership
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and building effective working relationships across departments
- Experience providing variance analysis, developing business insights, and bridging between operational and financial reporting
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf