Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician - Remote within the U.S. - John Zink Hamworthy
$5,000 sign-on bonus
KOCH ENGINEERED SOLUTIONS (KES) is a growing family of companies that serves customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls and services. Our equipment group business is supplying components for applications in various markets with a focus on the refining and petrochemical Industry.
The range of products includes burners, flares, thermal oxidizers, boiler burners and vapor recovery systems for John Zink Hamworthy Combustion entity, packing, demister, trays, tower internals for our Koch-Glitsch entity and heat exchangers for our Koch Heat Transfer entity.
We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. This is a great opportunity to be part of a customer-facing support team. Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer, and more economical way.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This is a remote position located inside the U.S. Candidate must live within a 50- mile radius of a major airport.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for installation supervision, troubleshooting and maintenance recommendations to our customers.
- They will have operational and functional knowledge of register burners, duct burners or utility burners and must possess good mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn complex mechanical systems.
- The successful candidate will also need to know how to communicate with PLC’s, PLC logic, and HMI’s and have a rudimentary knowledge of electrical design and wiring skills.
- The technician will be expected to travel on a regular basis to customer job sites on a regular basis.
What You Will Need:
- Experience working with register burners, duct burners or utility burners
- Experience working with PLC’s and PLC programming for controlling combustion equipment or similar equipment
- Able to travel to job sites approximately 75% of the time
- A TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) will have to be obtained within first six (6) weeks of employment
- Able to lift up to 50# on occasion and 25# routinely, able to bend, stoop, crawl and maneuver around skidded equipment and piping.
- Able to hear distinct sounds, visualize all colors of spectrum and visually see up close and at distance.
- This work is in an outdoor environment and long workdays on occasion.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 2-year Technical Degree from an accredited college or trade school in a mechanically-based technical major, OR 4 years of military service working with boilers
- Work experience with John Zink, Coen, TODD, Peabody brand of burners, duct burners, or utility burners.
- Experience working on Allen Bradley PLC's, in the combustion or steam generation industries.
- Field work experience in the petrochemical, power generation, pulp & paper or food processing industries.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf