Business Finance Manager
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is seeking a Business Finance Manager. This person will have opportunity to improve business outcomes and create long-term value as a strategic member of the KES Finance capability with primary responsibilities to support Koch Separation Solutions (KSS) a subsidiary of KES. Their primary role will be to be a strategic partner to KSS business leadership. KSS is the innovative solutions provider of liquid-solid separation technology arm of Koch Engineered Solutions. They strive to be the preferred customer for separation solutions in the Food and Beverage, Life Sciences, and Industrial Markets.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide financial leadership that influences and supports business decisions and prioritization for KSS
- Develop Knowledge Processes that drive business strategy, enable better and faster decisions, lead to profitable action, and promotes accountability. Examples include:
- Transparent financial results with clear narrative,
- Clear understanding of marginal bets (including assets, brands, activities, product lines, customers, geographies, R&D strategies etc.) and range of outcomes,
- Effective measures for key strategies, risks, and opportunities
- Improve the speed to decisions through effective use of PBM economic thinking principles. Develop this capability in others through coaching
- Deliver meaningful insights and originate value creation opportunities
- Partner with internal KES/KII capabilities (e.g., controller organization, data analytics, etc.) to develop in-depth data analytics and compelling visualization tools
- Evaluate the cost structure and profitability of various customers, product lines, geographies, business units etc. to inform strategic decisions including capital investment, cost, and pricing strategies, and make vs. buy
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proven ability to build strategic partnership and thought leadership, originate value creation opportunities
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Progressive years of experience in financial analysis, strategic planning, business development, business decision support, or related roles
- FP&A background and modeling experience which includes key driver analysis, economic framing, business and operations strategy development, and innovative approaches to visualization
- Ability to apply economic thinking skills to provide decision support and analysis and to effectively model and apply key financial metrics (e.g., EVA, NPV, ROCC, NIAT, DMF, marginal analysis)
- Experience applying strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities; including originating ideas, collecting data, establishing facts, performing analysis, drawing conclusions, and presenting a point of view to key stakeholders and business leaders
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes Advanced Excel skills (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, graphs, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Finance leadership position in a global organization
- Experience driving organizational business transformation
- Experience with data analysis/visualization tools beyond Microsoft Excel (i.e., Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, etc.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf