Director of Research & Development
At INVISTA, we make the chemicals, polymers, fabrics, and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands, create new solutions for life’s biggest needs, and deliver products and brands incorporated into your clothing, your car, and even your carpet. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including Dytek® intermediates, and Cordura® Advanced fabrics.
INVISTA Intermediates is in search of an R & D Facilities Director for our research center in Orange, TX.
In this role, you will lead a team of scientists and technologists researching, developing, and commercializing process and product innovations to transform our Intermediates Chemical businesses.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead a large R & D team in the operations of advanced labs and pilot plants in the execution of INVISTA’s R & D programs
- Hold the overall team to the highest standards of Environmental Health and Safety.
- Collaborate with INVISTA Intermediates businesses and operations capabilities to identify and resource projects to deliver profitable outcome for the company
- Advance the overall team capabilities and culture advancement consistent with business needs
- Identify and utilize tools and technologies to enable creative and differentiated solutions
- Support strategies to assess the competitive market, IP space, and technology
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years’ leadership in an advanced technology environment, for example experience leading a technical organization including labs and pilot plants
- Technology based experience and education
What Will Put You Ahead
- Strong chemistry and or engineering background including working with hazardous materials
- Experience in complex continuous operations setting
- Experience in Project management and execution
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf