Georgia-Pacific is now hiring an experienced Quality Supervisor to join our team in Tolleson, AZ site. As a member of the plant leadership team, the Quality Supervisor partners with the operations and commercial teams to ensure we produce and deliver Mailers that drive our goal to becoming the preferred partner of our customers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Foster a quality driven mindset and building a quality culture and capability in team members
- Drive sustainable quality processes and systems through application of management systems and a cadence of verification through yourself and operations leaders
- Build collaborative relationships with strategic customers to become their preferred partner
- Champion Product Safety/Quality certification programs
- Lead quality process improvements and driving to a zero-defect culture with use of technology and analytical tools
- Lead facility root cause and corrective action process, with a mindset for eliminating future defects, and providing timely resolution to customers
- Participate in regional teams to audit the processes of other facilities, warehouses, and co-manufacturers
- Assure supplier quality is meeting our needs to produce quality products
- Monitor and analyze quality performance in a way that informs leadership of the critical few opportunities to focus on, with recommended actions.
- Part of and contributing to a global community of quality leaders to leverage knowledge and build a transformational quality system that achieves our vision
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrated capability for managing quality and process improvements in a manufacturing or military environment
- Experience managing defects and maintaining customer relations through written and verbal communications
- Experience with managing third party audits and certifications of quality and product safety systems
- Ability to travel per needs of the business (estimated up to 25% of the time)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor of Science in science related or technical discipline and/or Quality certification from a recognized industry organization
- Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF), Brand Reputation through Compliance of Global Standards (BRCGS) and/or ISO
- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, or similar experience or certification
- Industry experience in Corrugated packaging and/or food and beverage
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf