INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our INVISTA Orange, TX facility is seeking entrepreneurial innovative leaders to join the team the Quality Lab team as a Laboratory Technician. We are looking for individuals that have ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment with strong communication skills and proven success in communicating effectively. A successful candidate would need to have the ability to organize, prioritize, and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines, show strong initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team. Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with integrity, compliance, and in a safe and efficient manner. Are you IN?
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Chemical analysis, including, but not limited to titrations, distillations, wet chemistry, GC, LC, IC, FTIR, UV-Vis, XRF, and TOC.
- Analyze samples and provide accurate results.
- Document and communicate issues regarding quality, instrument, production, or supply.
- Maintain strict adherence to applicable RCRA laws.
- Maintain knowledge of plant processes, general chemistry and theory of lab analysis.
- Serve as a member of the emergency response team as an emergency responder.
- Use LIMS to communicate results and manage data.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with operators, mechanics, and exempt professionals.
- Ability to problem-solve and use critical thinking skills.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize based on highest value work
- Required to work a 12-hr rotating shift
- Required to work overtime as required by the business
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field OR one (1) year of work experience in an analytical laboratory PLUS High School Diploma/GED
- Experience using Microsoft Word such as creating, editing and formatting documents and preparing reports and tables.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Excel such as creating and modifying spreadsheets and using functions, filters, and graphs to analyze data.
- Ability to participate on the Emergency Response Team
- Valid driver’s license
- Available for shift work (includes weekends/holidays)
- Must be capable of regular lifting and moving up to 10 pounds, frequently lifting and moving up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lifting and moving up to 50 pounds.
- Capable of working with a glove box and air free chamber
- Must be able to discriminate subtle color differences
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2 years analytical laboratory experience.
- 2 years experience with GC and LC
- Experience with instrument calibration
- Experience with auto-titrators, distillation, IC, XRF, and wet chemistry.
- Experience with LIMS (data entry and managing data).
- Experience serving as an emergency responder (EMT or EMR certification)
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf