MES Specialist - REMOTE
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The MES Specialist will be part of an international team that designs, develops and delivers MES (Manufacturing Execution System) solutions for Georgia-Pacific. The MES team at Georgia-Pacific creates value by advancing an enterprise MES capability that is accurate, consistent, and visual to all manufacturing users so that they can drive continuous improvement. This role will help support, maintain and create new solutions to advance our MES platform as we standardize across business segments and introduce new ERP functionality.
A strong performer in this role will effectively apply our culture and PBM® management philosophy to excel at:
- Designing, testing, and troubleshooting of application features and data/system integrations
- Documenting requirements and creating specifications for new features
- Working directly with stakeholders to analyze requirements, design solutions and use available data to guide strategic platform growth
- Performing application configuration and code changes to satisfy business needs
- Developing and implementing customer adoption strategies for new MES functionality
- Providing daily support to end users of MES platforms, including providing after-hours support on a rotating schedule
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience as an MES Analyst/Specialist, or in a similar role
- Background in MES concepts and systems, ISA-95, PLCs and Controls System
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 7+ years industry experience
- Prior success with customer adoption of MES and related systems
- Experience developing with and supporting Ignition, especially with MES solutions
- Programming/Scripting in Python, SQL Server
- Strong manufacturing background with proven experience understanding operations processes
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf