Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician - Remote
$5000 Sign-on Bonus
The open position is a remote position but the successful candidate will need to be located in one of the following states to be local to the region:
We have positions available in TX, IL, OK, LA, KY, IN, TN, MI, IL.
KOCH ENGINEERED SOLUTIONS (KES) is a growing family of companies that serves customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls and services. Our equipment group business is supplying components for applications in various markets with a focus on the refining and petrochemical Industry.
The range of products includes burners, flares, thermal oxidizers, boiler burners and vapor recovery systems for John Zink Hamworthy Combustion entity, packing, demister, trays, tower internals for our Koch-Glitsch entity and heat exchangers for our Koch Heat Transfer entity.
We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. This is a great opportunity to be part of a customer-facing support team. Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer, and more economical way.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform checkout, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning/ startup of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment for our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to: pumps, motors, valves, actuators, and transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Specialists will be required to install, navigate, troubleshoot and alter all types of PLC’s (programmable controllers) PID loop controllers, VFD’s, HMI’s, and other control devices.
- Provide phone and on-line technical support for other JZ Technicians and customers.
- Provide end user training and participates in cross training within the service department.
- Provide recommendations on retrofit/modifications to existing equipment.
- Carry a company cell phone and remain on call for customer service as needed.
- Generate/modify technical documents and drawings to represent final field changes and corrections for commissioning of equipment.
- Travel extensively within the US - 75% travel should be expected.
- Able to lift up to 50# on occasion and 25# routinely, able to bend, stoop, crawl and maneuver around skidded equipment and piping.
- Able to hear distinct sounds, visualize all colors of spectrum and visually see up close and at distance.
- This work is in an outdoor environment and long workdays on occasion.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience programming, calibrating, and configuring 4-20 MA loop devices.
- Experience for modifying, diagnosing and troubleshooting PLC’s (programmable Logic Controllers) such as, but not limited to, Allen Bradley and GE brands.
- Experience understanding and applying National Electrical code (NEC)
- Experience reading and understanding P&ID’s, fabrication drawings, and electrical schematics
- Able to travel over 75% of the time
- A TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) will have to be obtained within first six (6) weeks of employment
- Able to drive a Company vehicle and respond to customers as the need arises.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Past work history traveling for work related functions.
- Experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix, RS Linx, GE Rx3i, and other comparable Manufacturer’s Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Experience working on all types of industrial, electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters and PLC equipment
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to read schematics and wiring programs
- Experience with Industrial safety, OSHA and NFPA 70E.
- Electrical journeyman license a plus
- Experience with Modicon and Siemens Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf