This job posting is no longer active.
$2500 Sign On Bonus
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Shift Technician at our Plattsburgh, NY facility to manufacture Quilted Northern Ultra Plush tissue safely and efficiently. This position offers opportunities for development within your role and future growth within the company. Georgia-Pacific’s Plattsburgh facility uses state of the art innovation and technology to manufacture Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Tissue. Quilted Northern is a brand of choice and is widely used in homes and businesses across the country.
Shift Technician earns a starting pay of $27.57/HR - $35.12/HR based on experience with opportunity to advance within the company with the potential of higher compensation and responsibilities. GP offers a competitive benefit package including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, paid holidays and vacations, and a 401K plan with company match.
Shift is a rotating 12-hr shift to include weekends, holidays, and overtime
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Demonstrate increasing levels of Electrical and Mechanical capabilities resulting in excellence in Safety, Quality assurance and Asset Care, to Identify and eliminate potential failures to help maximize asset performance
- Facilitate and assist in root Cause Analysis of premature failures; offering solutions and implementing corrective actions preventing reoccurrence
- Utilize work processes and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems to manage work tasks, document findings and initiate corrective actions.
- Ensure proper operation of electrical control system components including motors and drive controllers, programmable logic control (PLC) I/O modules, safety controllers, etc.
- Mentor and share knowledge with other shift technicians
- Work a rotating 12 hour shift to include weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma and a minimum of One (1) year of experience in Commercial, industrial, manufacturing or military environment.
- Experience in mechanical maintenance, including power transmission, hydraulic or pneumatic systems
- Experience working on electrical or control system
- Experience using electrical schematics or general equipment documentation to troubleshoot and maintain equipment
- Experience using computers and associated software
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates or technical degree or higher in an electrical, mechanical or manufacturing discipline
- Electrical, instrumentation and control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in condition-based monitoring (i.e., vibration analysis, infrared, ultrasound)Experience with control system platforms such as continuous distributed Control Systems (DCS) or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Experience with industrial instrumentation, such as temperature, pressure, level and flow transmitters and actuators
- Experience with Motor Control Centers (MCCs) and related 3-phase electrical equipment
- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, maintenance management or production software
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.