Supplier Quality Engineer
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. Perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible.
Guardian’s Troy, MI facility is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer for the Americas
The Supplier Quality Engineer role for the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (SS&P) group is responsible for driving improvement within our supply base. The role supports SRG Global programs and focuses on building preferred partnerships with suppliers to ensure successful new product launches.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Track, monitor, and support supplier Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities through a combination of cross functional team meetings, document reviews and site audits/visits
- Conduct in-house and on-site Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) reviews
- Perform Supplier Qualification Audits to assess quality systems, technical capability, and process capability
- Assist in supplier selection and on-boarding
- Travel to suppliers to support their industrialization phase and manage changes requested to products and processes
- Travel 2-3 times per month (including international)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with PPAP process and Quality Audits
- Experience with AIAG core tools (PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, APQP)
- Experience leading and managing multiple projects
- Experience using problem solving techniques eg: (8D, 5 Why, Ishikawa diagrams, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Training and Certification on VDA 6.3 auditing principles
- Experience/knowledge of molding, painting, and chrome plating of plastic parts
- Multilingual capability – Spanish is a plus
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf