Cloud Architect (Remote)
DescriptionThe Koch Global Solutions Cloud Platform team is hiring a Cloud Architect. We are looking for an experienced and highly capable individual who will help innovate our platform service delivery and partner with our customers to drive valuable business outcomes. The Cloud Architect has the exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled engineering team that is responsible for delivering a multi-cloud platform service to our Koch enterprise. This individual must be team-oriented with excellent communication skills. You will be required to effectively translate complex ideas and technologies to leadership, advocate and support enterprise strategies, and act as a visionary to drive innovation to platform services. The key to the success of this position is having a strong and innovative approach to problem solving, solid knowledge of cloud architecture, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner closely with Koch businesses to serve as a trusted advisor, identify strategic initiatives, and enable cloud adoption
- Stay abreast of new industry trends and provide subject matter expertise in cloud technologies, providing consultation to leadership and Koch businesses
- Research, analyze, design, propose and support the delivery of solutions that are appropriate for business and technology strategies
- Manage the overall Koch cloud strategy. Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide infrastructure decision-making
- Regularly communicate project health and identify risks to project and program stakeholders, sponsors, and management
- Define and enforce Cloud architecture best practices: availability; redundancy schemes, performance, Disaster Recovery, DB and Interfacing Systems, etc.
- This list is not exhaustive; you will be expected to carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable in relation to your position
- Partner with Cloud leadership to drive overall Koch cloud strategy. Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide infrastructure decision-making.
- Work with engineering, security team(s), application(s), support, platform product, and other cross-functional teams on priorities and roadmap planning for a rapidly growing environment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience driving innovative design/build/support activities in Amazon Web Services (preferred), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based solution architectures for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS.
- Experience designing and implementing Network configuration, including but not limited to: Virtual Private Networks (VPN), forwarding rules, DNS, CDN, NAT, Private Endpoints, Route53 Resolvers, and Directory Services
- Experience designing and implementing Identity and Access (IAM) configuration, including but not limited to: user and group administration, least privilege access design, organization, project and folder design.
- Drive Platform Security Configuration, including but not limited to SCPs, network security, data security and organizational governance
- Monitoring, Alerting, and Logging configuration including event threat detection, compliance monitoring, and data archival
- Experience establishing design patterns, practices, and standards for cloud products. Effectively consult and advise Product/Project teams to responsibly adopt established patterns and mature cloud adoption across the business
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience designing and implementing solutions in a multi-cloud environment
- Experience architecting and constructing design patterns to drive responsible cloud adoption / cost optimization
- Experience with source control management platforms (GitLab, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of software configuration and release/deployment (CI/CD) methodologies
- Experience with Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS)
- Experience with Server less Compute technologies
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $140,000 - $160,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form. Commission is eligible.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf