Field Application Engineer (m/f/d)
Supercomputers. Smartphones. Self-driving cars. You’ll find our innovation inside the technology that’s transforming our world and improving lives. We’re a team of 50,000 people in over 40 countries, united in our values and beliefs and part of Koch Industries - one of the world’s largest privately held businesses - giving you access to opportunities across a diverse set of companies, markets and geographies. Every day we strive to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value for the company, our customers and society. Get ready for new challenges and new experiences.
Due to increasing growth opportunities, within Molex division of Electrical Interconnection Automotive, has identified the need for a Field Application Engineer to join the European organization. As a Field Application Engineer you will be responsible to promote and provide technical expertise in front of Germen customers that are in line with Molex goals and long-term plan, and to convert these opportunities into successful wins for the organization. We are looking for those that share our passion in providing innovative solutions to the market to solve our customers complex challenge paired with technical expertise and strong business acumen.
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Promoting and providing technical expertise in front of the customers by interacting with customer engineers and project leaders that result in successful new product opportunities and increased revenues
- Building successful engineering/quality contacts and working relationships with technical key areas of the customer that establishes Molex as a technical leader
- Analyzing customer requirements and design solutions to effectively meet those requirements with focus on cost and manufacturability
- Assisting the Sales Force and customers by providing information related to samples, cross-references, presentation materials, technical support, product specification, delivery dates, etc.
- Interface between internal departments (design hub, manufacturing, quality, lab, sales) and customer to ensure design objectives are met on-time and assists by providing product information, engineering samples and technical advice
- Ensure Molex advanced technology and products being introduced and accepted by OEM to generate more opportunities
The Experience You Will Bring:
- Bachelor´s /master’s degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical, or similar)
- Multiple years of experience as a Field Application Engineer, Design Engineer, Technical Support or similar
- Experience with electrical distribution systems, connectors/wiring or modules preferred
- Experience in working with a German OEM automotive company
- Highly technical aptitude, problem-solving, project managing and presentation skills
- Business fluent in German and English
- Ability to travel to customers and Molex locations within Europe