Senior Process Engineer - Dairy
RELCO is seeking a Senior Process Engineer - Dairy to join their Stratford, WI team! This role is for liquid process handling and will work closely with our project teams to provide direction to the project engineer on all matters of the project’s overall process and design functions. This position will help develop and implement cheese process systems and equipment.
This role can sit in the Stratford, WI or Wilmar, MN RELCO office, and is eligible for relocation. Remote work is an option based on the candidates experience level. This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship.
RELCO, a Koch Separation Solutions (KSS) company, is based in the Midwest region of the United States – the heartland of dairy and cheese. As an industry leader in evaporation, drying, cheesemaking equipment, and powder handling & packaging technologies, the acquisition of RELCO in November 2020 enhanced our capabilities and solutions offering in the food and dairy industries. RELCO also held a strong presence in Brazil, New Zealand, and the Netherlands, allowing KSS to connect with manufacturers around the world and provide integrated, complete process solutions through the combined power of evaporator, dryer, and membrane filtration technologies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with quotation teams at RELCO and/or directly with the customer to design systems and specify components to fill the customer’s need focused on dairy systems
- Provide Critical Design Reviews and associated approvals at Critical Design Review points per policy
- Give technical support and advice to the coworkers in the organization and/or customer’s organization
- Prepare Functional Descriptions of the process for use by the controls area in programming the controls systems
- Direct commissioning of projects assigned
The Experience You Will Bring
- Process engineering experience in food, beverage, or dairy
- Experience designing liquid systems (Examples of experience: milk reception, pasteurization systems, water distribution experience etc.)
- Knowledge of sizing pumps
- Ability to travel up to 20-30%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience leading a project team
- Knowledge of heat exchangers
- Bachelor’s degree in food technology, dairy science, chemical engineering, or chemistry
- Process engineering experience with a focus on dairy or cheese production and systems
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions, and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $120,000 - $150,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf