Process Controls Specialist
At INVISTA, we make chemicals, polymers, fabrics, and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands, create innovative solutions for life’s biggest needs, and deliver products and brands incorporated into your clothing, your car, and even your carpet. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including Dytek® intermediates, and Cordura® Advanced fabrics.
We are looking for a Process Control Specialist for our Nylon Intermediates manufacturing facility in Orange Texas. This individual will be a member of the Process Controls team, which works closely with process engineering, maintenance, and operations groups to develop and implement process control applications to enhance plant operation and profitability.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Write and/or safely modify programs used by SIS, PLCs, programmable devices, human machine interfaces (HMI), and DCS and ability to safely make changes
- Ensure safety and environmental compliance related to instrumentation and process control
- Applying fundamental process control knowledge in implementing facilities and process modifications
- Root cause analysis of process control problems; identifying and implementing corrective actions
- Monitoring site process control systems for optimal operation, including the implementation/use of a plant wide control performance-based software
- Respond to work presented after normal scheduled hours
- Maintain an agile mental model to ensure success of effective solutions in rapidly changing environments
- Perform software upgrades, patching and anti-virus deployment and support for the servers, workstations, and applications within the DCS network
- Improve process efficiency and achieve cost reductions by debugging, modifying, and streamlining process control programming while remaining within permitted operating limits.
- Lead design changes (MoC) and minor projects that brings value to site
- Ensure process control system reliability through a detailed working knowledge of the hardware and software of the DCS, SIS, and PLCs
- Coordinate and participate in user training processes.
- Support preventive and predictive maintenance functions using Honeywell CPM, Alarm Insight, OSI PI software packages
- Manage foreign device interfaces (FDI)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate degree in instrumentation or 4 years industrial plant experience
- Demonstrated problem identification and troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge of facility/process design, tuning, engineering, and PSM standards
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis of process control issues, identifying and implanting corrective actions
- 3 years of experience programming and troubleshooting PLCs and/or DCS
What Will Put You Ahead
- Working knowledge of ABB DCS (Infi90/Symphony and 800xA)
- Experience with process control and valve tuning
- Strong technical background (Networking, Cisco)
- Experience in Kepware OPC server, OSI PI, Aspen IP21, or Honeywell CPM software
- Knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (Triconex preferred)
- Familiarity with Purdue model
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf