Production Team Member
Production Team Member
Are you committed to safety? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect role for you! Georgia-Pacific is looking for career-minded individuals to join our Cellulose production team as a Production Team Member in Brunswick, GA. This position is an exciting entry-level opportunity with room for advancement. Production Team Members support the facility production goals by operating lift trucks, operating paper machinery equipment, and performing housekeeping duties to maintain a safe environment.
Starting pay for this role is $19.30/hr . This role also offers opportunities for overtime and employees are eligible for quarterly bonuses.
This position works a rotating 12-hour shift schedule, that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working as a team to meet and exceed safety, production, and quality goals
- Performing quality checks and keeping designated work area clean throughout shift
- Operating equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Performing housekeeping duties to include cleaning the paper machine’s dryer/vent equipment and operating a forklift to recycle waste from paper machine’s
- Assisting with troubleshooting minor machine malfunctions, making machine adjustments, and equipment change overs, this may include, working in high and/or confined spaces
- Safely and efficiently working in a fast-paced, industrial environment that is hot, cold, humid, and noisy and may include working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals and other substances
- Performing tasks that entail lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, pushing and/or pulling for at least 12hrs per day
- Position requires strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 6 months of experience within a manufacturing, warehouse or construction environment or equivalent technical school
- Experience using a computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone
What Will Put You Ahead
- One year of experience within a manufacturing, warehouse or construction environment
- Two or more year technical degree or higher
- Mechanical experience
- Prior forklift experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com