Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a Production Supervisor at our San Leandro, CA. The Supervisor will utilize leadership, operations experience, and communication to identify and convert change improvement opportunities related to people, process, and systems.
Some of the excellent benefits we provide include:
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation
- 401K automatic contribution along with competitive match
- Excellent medical, dental and vision plans
- Tuition reimbursement
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead an operating team in compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality
- Foster a culture based on our Market Based Management (MBM®) Philosophy
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement appropriate mitigating strategies; investigate incidents and participate in resolution of causes
- Coach, train, and develop operations personnel in safety, quality, and production
- Ensure best practices are followed for minimization of waste at machine centers
- Address key issues and concerns and interact with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production
- Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) years or more experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, industrial OR military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience managing print & converting or packaging production operations
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf