Our Guardian facility in DeWitt, IA is looking for a Maintenance Planner . As part of the Guardian team our employees enjoy a robust benefits package that includes three weeks of vacation, paid parental leave, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, holiday pay, and a 7% 401k match, and a work culture dedicated to helping empower employees and grow in their careers.
Who is Guardian Industries? When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Guardian Glass offers all employees the right tools and resources to succeed in a culture based on integrity, compliance and value creation. Here, there is no single path to success. But all those who work hard and take initiative, will find opportunities to challenge themselves and expand their roles and responsibilities. To Learn more, visit our website at:https://www.guardian.com
Wages: $32 an hour and up based upon experience
Shift: Day Shift Monday through Friday Flexible ( 6-230, or 7-330, or 8-430)
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Principal contact between the Maintenance department and the plant
- Receives all work orders from requesting departments, excepting emergency work
- Reviews and screens each work order for completion. Discusses the details with the requestor as appropriate
- Assures the work requested is needed and resolves appropriately
- Examines jobs to be done and determines best way to accomplish the work. Consults with requester, Maintenance Supervisor, Engineering or functional crews when necessary
- Obtains blueprints, drawings, instructional manuals and special procedures, as needed.
- Makes any additional sketches, diagrams, etc., necessary to clarify the intent of the work order.
- Identifies and obtains determinable materials and critical items, entering material needs on the work order
- Ensures safety needs are given a top priority in work planning
- Estimates jobs with sequence of steps, the number of tradespersons and required labor hours for each step
- Maintains backlog files of work orders waiting planning and/or scheduling in accordance with their priority limits with an estimated completion date
- Verifies the availability of parts, materials and special tools required for job execution prior to scheduling
- Knowledge of each department’s PM workload
- Reviews the schedule and labor availability forecasts daily
- Attends meetings with the Operations Planning department and participates in the overall plant scheduling of the following week’s work, and negotiates for downtime “windows” during which maintenance can be performed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience using a computer and with Microsoft office
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technical school degree or certificate
- AutoCad experience
- Ability to read blueprints
- Experience within maintenance as an mechanic, electrician or multi craft
- Experience using Enterprise Assent Management or a CMMS
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com