Flint Hills Resources, LP (FHR) is seeking a Laboratory Technician to work in our Asphalt Group in Rosemount, MN. We are looking for candidates who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who want to find fulfillment in what they do. Candidates should be analytical and mechanically inclined and have a strong focus on Environmental, Health and Safety, as well as a strong commitment to compliance and integrity. Candidates must be able to travel to assist in satellite laboratories and make site visits to further their development and growth.
This role has $1,500 sign-on bonus
Flint Hills Resources (FHR) operates critical infrastructure at facilities across North America and is part of Koch Industries, a global leader in several industrial markets. We produce a diverse range of fuels and products that are essential to everyday life.
This role also offers a flexible 9/80’s work schedule, meaning there is the potential for every other Friday off depending on workload.
Our Benefits Package Includes:
- Bonus eligible!
- Automatic 401K company contribution
- Additional 401K competitive match program
- Excellent Health benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing a variety of laboratory test methods in an efficient and accurate manner
- Maintaining laboratory equipment health by performing calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair tasks
- Participating in a defined QA/QC program to determine consistency and accuracy of test procedures
- Maintaining laboratory data within a LIMS database
- Analyzing laboratory data for trends and recommending action accordingly
- Effectively prioritizing workload
- Actively and effectively communicating with terminal personnel, the technical group and support staff
- Participating in various meetings with internal and external business partners while focusing on maintaining and developing relationships that create value
- Achieving satisfactory results in key metrics related to product quality, specification compliance, environmental, health and safety performance and production
- Driving improvements by profitably applying innovation
- Physical ability to occasionally sit, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, bend, and twist.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
The Experience You Will Bring
- A valid driver's license
- Mathematical competency of Algebra 1 or higher
- Ability to travel as needed to support the business needs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Laboratory experience (academic or industry)
- Bachelor's degree in a science-related field such as Chemistry or Engineering, etc.
- Experience testing asphaltic material or similar materials
- Experience maintaining laboratory equipment health (calibration, preventative maintenance, troubleshoot, repair)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf