Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
Koch Fertilizer, LLC is now hiring a self-driven Instrumentation & Electrical Technician to join the fertilizer shipping and storage terminal located in Keota, IA. Koch Fertilizer, LLC owns network of storage and terminal assets across the Midwest responsible for storage and shipment of anhydrous ammonia and other fertilizer products to customers for agricultural and industrial use.
Our Benefits Package Includes:
- Bonus eligible!
- Automatic 401K company contribution
- Additional 401K competitive match program
- Excellent Health benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
This is a flexible day shift position, Monday – Friday and may include some over-night travel to other terminals. The successful candidate will be able to report to on call requests within 45 minutes of the terminal reporting location.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage calibration, installation, verification, and validation of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain I&E Control systems through inspections, tests, adjustments, and repairs of electric, electronic, mechanical, instruments and systems of the Washington facility
- Manage daily maintenance work and low activities utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Perform reliability-based maintenance, repair, or replacement of a variety of instruments including but not limited to, flow, level, pressure, temperature, vibration, variable frequency drives, electric motors, and analyzers
- Improve, develop, and implement maintenance process improvements and efficiencies
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and operate ammonia refrigeration, storage, loading/unloading systems
- Work with full life cycle of ammonia processes including refrigeration, gas fired heating, instrumentation, and PLC control systems, pumps, motors, and loading/unloading product
- Perform physical job requirements in all types of weather which may include lifting/carrying up to 25lbs, climbing stairs/ladders to work at heights of 25-100 ft while wearing a full-face mask type respirator and full Level A Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical with pulmonary breathing test
- Ability to wear a mask type respirator while performing the physical job duties as outlined
The Experience You Will Bring
- Instrumentation, or Electrical experience within an industrial/Military environment OR Certification/Associates Degree (Instrumentation, Electrical, Maintenance, etc.), or higher
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Instrument Society of America (ISA) training or electrical certification
- Experience working in an ammonia, chemical, or refinery environment or comparable military experience
- PLC experience
- Experience with water treatment, boiler operations, and basic mechanical equipment repair
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf