INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers, and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our INVISTA Victoria, TX Precision Maintenance Team is seeking highly skilled, and innovative leaders to join our team as a Precision Analyzer Technician. We look for team members to help us transform the use of precision capabilities to create superior value and strengthen our competitive advantage in the growing nylon intermediates market. Employees will help us achieve our Operations Vision by performing with a Business Owner mentality. Discover and grow your unique capabilities to help us achieve the most value and drive personal satisfaction in your career!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drives continued improvement thru self-actualization and entrepreneurship.
- Self-directed to perform daily and weekly self-planned tasks, to maintain equipment reliability and availability.
- Work with each business unit to identify and develop equipment maintenance strategies that are tailored to meet the business unit needs.
- Communicate with production personnel to keep them informed of the status of the equipment.
- Troubleshooting, configuring, teardown/rebuilding of process analyzers such as gas chromatographs, regulatory analyzers monitoring emissions
- RCA's of process analyzers that have malfunctioned or had failures, perform the necessary preventative or corrective maintenance steps to ensure reliable analyzers
- Train operations as appropriate on analyzer capabilities to be performed on shift.
- Apply the latest analyzer tools and technology.
- Material Coordination through working with third parties and industry partners on the latest analyzer technologies.
- Optimize daily sample systems and critical equipment PMs.
The Experience You Will Bring
Can read and understand analyzer data packages, schematic drawings, and P&ID’s.
One of the following requirements:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Instrumentation &/or Analyzer work in an industrial setting.
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing or industrial experience.
- Lifting requirements of 50 lbs.
- Climbing portable and vessel ladders, sometimes working at elevated heights
- 70% of work is performed in an outside petrochemical manufacturing environment.
- Maybe required to wear a respirator; Required to do a respirator fit test
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate Degree in Instrumentation – Electronics, or Process Technology.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Instrumentation &/or Analyzer work in a chemical plant or refinery setting.
- Is knowledgeable of concepts involving the latest analyzer technology
- Experience using a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) such as SAP and Lean Kit.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC dentification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf