Flint Hills Resources in Corpus Christi, Texas is looking for a Vibration Technician to join their team! The Vibration Technician works as a key member of the Machinery Reliability Technical Group, supporting the site’s vision of being the pacesetter in gulf coast refining, by leveraging vibration analysis knowledge and technology to create value for the organization.
If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of an industry leading company, this may be the opportunity for you! Flint Hills Resources, LC operates oil refineries, chemicals plants and biofuels facilities across North America and is part of Koch Industries, a global leader in several industrial markets.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review and analyze vibration data, including: Data from portable vibration routes, Wireless sensors and Continuous monitoring systems
- Support transformation to future state of condition monitoring, e.g., deployment of wireless sensors and proactively resolving machinery issues identified by asset models
- Provide recommendations to the business teams and maintenance based on sound technical analysis
- Work with operations, maintenance, and engineering to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues
- Provide vibration monitoring support for startup/shutdown of special purpose rotating equipment
- Own and maintain vibration database
- Own and manage vibration alarms
- Act as the site SME for vibration - provide training/mentorship to operations and maintenance
- Contribute vibration expertise to RFCA/investigations
- Ability to work in a cross discipline team
The Experience You Will Bring
- ISO Certified Category II Vibration Analyst
- Vibration analysis experience
- Working knowledge of machinery, including pumps, steam turbines, compressors (centrifugal/axial/reciprocating), gearboxes, electric motors, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- ISO Certified Category III Vibration Analyst
- ICML (International Council for Machinery Lubrication) MLT/MLA Certifications
- Experience in rotating equipment reliability engineering
- Experience in rotating equipment maintenance
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience working with other predictive/proactive maintenance technologies, e.g. motion amplification, ODS analysis, oil analysis, ultrasonic, thermography
- Experience with System1 vibration software
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf