Senior Package Equipment Engineer - Redcar, Middlesbrough
Job Title: Senior Package Equipment Engineer (based in Redcar, Middlesbrough)
An opportunity to work as part of a technical group within the Koch Technology Solutions team, responsible for the creation and transfer of process technology packages for an expanding portfolio of process technologies.
The role provides opportunities for your technical development with respect to Package Equipment selection and design at all stages of the project life cycle. It is expected that solids processing including wet filtration, drying and conveying will be a particular focus for the role.
The successful applicant will be energetic and passionate about acquiring and using technical knowledge of package equipment to create value.
What You Will Do in Your Role
- Work with internal teams and external partners to effectively integrate package equipment into the process flowsheet of KTS technologies.
- Provide support to clients and suppliers for the procurement and design of equipment during project execution (acting as the knowledgeable expert).
- Identify technology or equipment improvement opportunities, energy utilization and support technology development programs.
- Development of collaborative partner relationships with suppliers, clients and consultancies.
- Lead and contribute to troubleshooting, root cause analysis and optimization activities.
- Provide support during pre-commissioning and commissioning at sites across the globe.
- Identify opportunities to create value through the application of expert knowledge.
- Technical curiosity, with a proven track record of acquiring, developing knowledge and applying it to create safe solutions that deliver long term value.
- A previous role that demonstrates capability in integrating mechanical and process requirements into equipment and chemical plant (e.g. solids processing, wet filtration, drying and conveying).
- A proven ability to understand and internalize highly technical aspects of technology design.
- Degree in a technical engineering related subject (e.g. Mechanical, Process).
- Proven experience of creating valuable and beneficial relationships with 3rd parties (e.g. customers, suppliers).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with effective use of English and IT.
- Humility and intellectually honesty.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience and knowledge of the specification and implementation of package equipment relating to solids separation, wet filtration, drying, pneumatic conveying, rotary valves, mechanical conveying in the fine chemicals arena.
- Proven experience of developing deep technical understanding of equipment or process in a similar field.
- Proven team leadership skills.
The role is located in our office in the Wilton Centre, on a large science and business park ten minutes from Middlesbrough with an on-site restaurant and a gym.
A hybrid working arrangement based on majority of time being spent in the office is possible. Details will be discussed during the interview process.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ vacation + 8 statutory
- BUPA Medical Cover
- Flexi-time; You can build up hours so that can have up to 12 days extra vacation in a year
- Contractual weekly hours are 38.75 (Mon-Fri. working week with core hours 10:00 – 16:00)
- Defined contribution pension scheme with Standard Life
- Gym subsidy