Chief Operating Officer
This job posting is no longer active.
Genesis Motion Solutions (GMS) – Chief Operating Officer
At GMS there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy, and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. In April 2018, Koch Industries acquired majority ownership of GMS (formerly Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies). As a part of the Koch Engineered Solutions group, GMS can leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies.
Our portfolio of disruptive actuation solutions is generating significant demand in the marketplace. We are positioning the business to capture existing market share as well as create new market opportunities within the robotics and industrial automation industries.
We are looking for a strong change leader and collaborator to take on the new position of Chief Operating Officer and lead one of GMS’s key “Design, Sell, Make” pillars. As a member of our Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for developing and executing our “Make” strategy as per GMS’s strategic goals and initiatives. The business is growing at a rapid pace and key to success in GMS’s operating environment is a leader that has led within hyper-growth operating environments and understands what must be done to scale the business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Deliver hardware ahead of customer needs and set the tone for operating as an “outside-in” business where customer requirements drive internal activities
- Develop supply chain and procurement; guide strategic sourcing initiatives and negotiations of major contracts, with emphasis on expanding the world-wide supply base to optimize cost, service, quality, and delivery
- Responsible for Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Planning, Quality, Strategic Supply Chain, Materials & Logistics, Facilities, and EHS
- Co-develop product launch and lean NPI capability including Design for Manufacturing and Assembly in partnership with Product Engineering
- Maximize GMS’s manufacturing capability, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to Supply Chain operations to ensure alignment with forecasted and targeted sales growth and customer service needs
Strategy and Leadership
- In partnership with the Senior Leadership team, develop a compelling picture for the future state of Operations, and lead the organization in the execution of that vision
- Envision and implement the effective execution of the “Make” pillar of our strategy, including strategic sourcing, make vs. buy, inventory management, and incoming and outgoing customs/taxation and logistics for a global supply and value chain
- Coach Operation leaders to see their teams’ roles through an entrepreneurial lens
- Staff, coach, and mentor leaders and individual team members; encourage and reward contribution-motivated and value creation behaviors, resulting in a highly motivated and high performing team that contributes immensely to achieving GMS’s vision
- Model the company’s Guiding Principles: Integrity, Stewardship & Compliance, Principled Entrepreneurship®, Transformation, Knowledge, Humility, Respect, and Self-Actualization
The Experience You Will Bring
- 15+ years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Operations leadership positions
- Experience in the servo motor, electronics/electrical, and/or motion industry
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in servo motor supply chain
- Experience in precision gears and motion
- Experience working with complex engineered hardware products
- Experience supplying products globally to markets such as industrial automation, robotics, semiconductor, or automated packaging equipment
- Broad experience and achievements across multiple areas within Manufacturing & Operations
- Demonstrated success in fast growing and changing environments
- Experience building and ramping up industrial products in global supply chain
- VP or C-level experience scaling-up an organization
- Strong influencer and collaborator
- Highly entrepreneurial and solutions oriented
- Executive level presentation and communication skills
- MBA along with education in an engineering field
Who is Genesis Motion Solutions?
As part of Koch Engineered Solutions, we at Genesis Motion Solutions are redefining motion - changing the way automation and robotics are designed and perform and disrupting one of today’s most rapidly growing and transformative technologies in unexpected ways. We look for inspiration beyond the conventional and encourage collaboration in the creative process. All of this is wrapped in a deep commitment to our core values. Sound like you? Join our team!
About Koch Engineered Solutions
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
This job posting is no longer active.