This job posting is no longer active.
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you motivated to meet production and quality goals? If this sounds like you and you possess a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn, then we are interested in learning more about you!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking candidates for General Production roles at our mill in Gurdon, AR.
As a General Production (Utility) worker, you will learn multiple operator functions and perform various manual tasks that require repetitive motions. Additionally, you will provide coverage for operators who are absent or on vacation. Our General Production team members also perform basic care duties such as preventative maintenance on machinery or repairing minor issues. You will also be responsible for operating small equipment and tools (i.e. blowers, brooms, shovels) to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment and maximize uptime for facility equipment. This position is an entry-level role with opportunities for growth and career advancement.
This is an entry level position starting at $18.00 per hour, plus $1.50 shift differential for night shift. We offer full medical and dental benefits, life insurance, a 401K matching program, paid holidays, paid vacation days and paid floating holidays each year. Vacation available after 90 days of employment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Learn to operate machinery to expected performance levels
- Act as a relief operator to cover other employees’ breaks and vacations
- Keep the work area clean throughout the shift to ensure a safe and orderly work environment.
- Assist team members throughout the mill during production
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Work any shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays as required, in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 6 months work experience in a manufacturing or production environment -or - 1 years work experience in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, warehouse, military, environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One (1) year of experience working in a lumber, plywood, or timber industry
- Experience operating mobile equipment (i.e. forklifts, bobcats, cranes, etc.)
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- One (1) year of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.